•No obese Swiss. The only grossly overweight have been American - judging by their accent. Sad.
• No money on the street - not a single coin. Perhaps because smallest common coin is 5, and the smallest still made is 10.
• Less litter, but more cigarette butts than USA. Smoking is very popular.
•A girl at Lucern Backpackers say "geography" saying both G's like the second one. She said "accurate" with emphasis on the second syllable, and said "Zürich" - "Tsurii".
• Lots of Asians - in Lucerne especially. Few other Europeans, besides Swiss and German or French, but a number of Aussies.
• Toilets that do not allow vertical urination; also, ones that empty onto the ground, and ones that cost up to Chf1.50 to make use of.
• I have met Italian, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, English, and Dutch, Danish, Scandinavian (one of the peninsular countries), Finnish, and Polish speakers. Probably more.
J. William English